In the production process of diamond segment, there will be various problems, including improper operation in the production process, and various reasons in the process of formulation and binder deployment. Many of these problems affect the use of the cutter head. Generally, in this case, the diamond cutter head can not be used or can not work well, It will affect the production efficiency of slate and even increase the production cost. The quality problems of diamond cutter head are as follows
1. There’re problems with the size and specification of the segment
Although the diamond cutter head is a mixture of metal alloy and diamond sintered by fixed die, the final product is finished by cold pressing and hot pressing sintering, and the material is relatively fixed. However, due to insufficient sintering pressure and sintering temperature, or insufficient or too high temperature and pressure during sintering, the force on the cutter head is uneven, Therefore, there will naturally be differences in the size and specification of the cutter head, which is most obviously reflected in the height of the cutter head. If the pressure is not enough, it will be high, and if the pressure is too high, it will be low. Therefore, in the production process, it is very necessary to stabilize the same pressure and temperature. Of course, in the early loading process, the cold pressing material of the cutter head should also be weighed; Also pay attention not to take the wrong mold, leading to the emergence of scrap cutter head. The results show that the size of the diamond cutter head does not meet the requirements, the density is not enough, the hardness does not meet the requirements, there are impurities in the transition layer, and the strength of the cutter head is not enough.
2. The density is not enough and the segment is soft
In the process of cutting stone, there will be the problem of cutting head fracture. The fracture can be divided into local fracture and overall fracture. No matter which kind of fracture, such cutting head can not be reused. Of course, the cutting head fracture is the limit situation. When cutting stone with insufficient density, the cutting head will not move or consume too fast due to its own Mohs hardness. In general, the density of the cutter head must be guaranteed. This situation is generally due to sintering temperature, holding time, insufficient pressure, wrong choice of binder material, high diamond content of cutter head and so on.
3. The segment can't cut the stone
The main reason why the diamond cutter can't cut the stone is that the strength is not enough, and there are five reasons for the lack of strength
1) The diamond is not enough or the quality of the selected diamond is poor;
2) Impurities, such as graphite particles, dust, etc. are mixed in the internal mixing and loading of the cutter head, especially in the mixing process, uneven mixing will also lead to this situation;
3) Excessive carbonization of diamond and high temperature lead to serious carbonization of diamond, and diamond particles are easy to fall off in the process of cutting;
4) Unreasonable design of cutter head formula or unreasonable sintering process leads to low strength of working layer and transition layer (or the combination of working layer and non working layer is not close), which often occurs in new formula;
5) Too soft or too hard bond leads to the consumption of diamond out of proportion to that of metal bond, resulting in the failure of diamond matrix bond to control diamond powder.
4. The segment falls off
There are many reasons for the segment falling off, such as too many impurities, too high or too low temperature, too short time of heat preservation and pressure holding, inappropriate formula ratio, unreasonable welding layer, different working layer and non working formula, which lead to different thermal expansion coefficient. When the cutter head is cooled, shrinkage stress appears at the joint of working layer and non working layer, which eventually leads to the decrease of cutter head strength, Finally, the cutting head falls off and so on. All of these are the reasons that lead to diamond cutting head falling off or saw blade teeth falling off. To solve this problem, we must first ensure that the powder is fully stirred evenly and free of impurities, and then match with reasonable pressure, temperature, and holding time, and try to ensure that the thermal expansion coefficient of working layer and non working layer is close.
In the process of diamond cutting head processing, there will be other problems, such as excessive consumption, such as tool sticking, such as eccentric wear and so on. Many problems are not just the problem of the cutting head, but may be related to the factors such as machinery, stone type and so on.