As we all know, to ensure that the grinding wheel can work well, in addition to the quality and operation of the grinding wheel itself, the correct installation of the grinding wheel also plays a very important role. The following grinding wheel installation methods here for your reference:
- Preparation before Installation
1. Check carefully to see if it is cracked, then knock the wheel with a wooden hammer to make sure if there’s dumb sound; If it is cracked or dumb, installation is strictly prohibited ;
2. Check carefully to see if the maximum line speed marked on the surface of the wheel matches with the spindle speed of the grinding machine. Overspeed in use is strictly prohibited ;
3. Remove dirt on the face of the chuck, check whether the gasket is intact, whether it is folded etc., and clean the dirt and sand that may be attached to the surface near the grinding wheel.
- Attentions In Installation
1. Fasten with two chucks which must be with equal outer diameter, and put the 1-1.5mm thick asbestos mat, rubber mat or paper mat that made of elastic materials between the two chucks and the end of the wheel, then make it exceed 1mm or more outside around the chuck ;
2. The tightness of the grinding wheel bore and the machine tool spindle should be appropriate; If it is too tight, broken of the wheel will be caused; If the gap is too large, imbalance or broken will be caused as well ;
3. While installing multiple wheels on the main spindle, there must be no fulcrum between the contact surfaces of the wheel; the elastic gasket with 0.8-1mm is allowed to put between the two wheels, and the diameter of the gasket should be equal to the gasket of the chuck ;
4. While fastening the grinding wheel, a special manual nut wrench should be used, a supplementary fixture or tapping tool is strictly prohibited in use. When fastening the screw, fasten it in a diagonal sequence with uniform fastening force. Also, pay attention to the tightness of the nut or the screw, so that it is appropriate to press enough to drive the wheel without slipping, then to prevent the grinding wheel from being damaged due to excessive pressing force ;
5. Grinding wheels with an outer diameter of 150mm or more shall be statically balanced after being installed on the chuck, and shall be trimmed after being installed on the grinder, then should be statically balanced again after trimming.