Traditional diamond powder can be divided into two categories, polycrystalline diamond powder and monocrystalline diamond powder. With the rapid development of nanotechnology, here’s a new type: nanodiamond.
1. Polycrystalline diamond powder
Polycrystalline diamond powder is made from graphite by a unique directional blasting method. It not only has the hardness of superhard materials, but also has the extraordinary high strength and toughness of nano materials.
Application: It is mainly used in chip optical crystal, ultra precision machining, large silicon wafer ultra precision polishing, surface modification and other fields. Spherical polycrystalline diamond powder is gray black in appearance and slightly metallic luster.
2. Monocrystalline diamond powder
Monocrystalline diamond powder is produced by grinding, shaping and special technology. The shape of single crystal diamond powder is regular and complete hexahedron octahedron. It has high strength, high toughness, good thermal stability and strong impact resistance.
Application: It is suitable for the manufacture of electroplated products, grinding wheels, polishing and carving of high-grade stones, processing of automotive glass, high-grade furniture, ceramics, cemented carbide, magnetic materials, etc.
Nanodiamond not only has the inherent characteristics of diamond, but also has small size effect, large specific surface area effect, quantum size effect etc..
(1) Preparation of high-grade grinding paste and polishing solution for ultra-fine machining of quartz, optical glass, semiconductor, alloy and metal surfaces.
(2) Preparation of catalyst: nanodiamond and amorphous carbon, with large specific surface area and various surface functional groups, have strong activity. Preparation of catalyst with nano diamond and amorphous carbon can improve the activity data and promote the interaction of organic compounds.
(3) Preparation of nano composite structure materials: nanodiamond is compounded with nano silicon powder, nano ceramics and various nano metals to produce new nano structure materials. Due to its unique properties, it can manufacture semiconductor devices, integrated circuit components and microcomputer parts.