Coated products mainly divided into electroplating and chemical plating / coating, generally they are coated with nickel, titanium and copper. It refers to coat a layer of metal on surface of diamond or CBN, in order to improve the holding force between bond and abrasive, slow down the thermal shock and then to protect diamond or CBN from oxidation and graphitization, thereby to extend its service life.
Introduction of Chemical & Electroplating Nickel
1. Chemical Nickel-coated diamond abrasive is that without external electric current, and to make the particles deposit metal on diamond surface by oxidation reduction while autocatalysis, thereby to form a nickel coating layer with uniform & compact thickness；
2. Electroplating nickel is mainly used to manufacture dry & wet resin bonded grinding tools. With good heat dissipation ability and control ability, the diamond can well adapt to high-speed cutting environment without oxidation.
Characters of Coated Diamond
1. With advanced coating technology, the coating is compact in structure and better in grinding ability;
2. Nickel-coated product is with high surface roughness, that can hold well with binders, thereby to extend service life of tools, and improve grinding efficiency;
3. With strong heat dissipation ability to slow down the thermal shock, then to protect the resionoid bond, diamond and machine surface from carbonization or oxidation; coating material is rarely exposed, few joined crystal.